Book - Honey - NSW DPI AGGuide
The Australian Honey book - a complete guide from honey removal to extracting including premises, design, transporting and so much more.
This book informs beekeepers of best practices so that their hard work results in a product of optimum quality. It also informs beekeepers of the threats to honey quality which can occur through poor handling skills or poor design of facilities. It includes references to legislation about food production, where relevant. It shows the way to document procedures so that they can be used as evidence of best practice.
Table of Contents:
- Hive to Extraction
- Properties of honey
- Remove honey from the hive
- Transport from hive to extracting facility
- Extraction premises
- Mobile extraction facilities
- Honey extraction
- The extraction process
- Extraction equipment
- Honey storage
- HACCP for the honey industry
- Controlling and maintaining honey quality
- Appendix 1: Checklists and record sheets
- Appendix 2: Codex for honey
- Appendix 3: Antibiotic residues
- Appendix 4: Sample safety data sheet
- Appendix 5: Vendor declaration
Published in 2017. This book is A4 in size and full colour.