Feed Bee Pollen Substitute 20kg Bag
More Bulk Stock arriving soon.
Feed Bee Pollen Substitute - available in 20kg lots - larger bulk lots available too. Contact me for shipping quotes - cost $172.00 per 20kg bag as they may vary to this checkout costs
FINALLY ITS BACK & AVAILABLE ON THE EAST COST!
Email for shipping quote email@example.com
Used when colonies are protein deficient.
Feedbee is an alternative Feed/Diet for honeybees. Feedbee is comparable with high quality pollen. Feedbee contains 36.4% Protein, 3.9% Fat, 41.8% Carbohydrates, 10.0% naturally occurring Sugar, 3.1% Minerals.
- Honeybee nutritional requirements
- The composition of natural pollen
- The nutrient contents of more than 255 feed ingredients
- Incorporating the advanced dietetic principles of animals and insects by which modern feeds are developed
The Feedbee protein diet is a Giant Step for the Science of Apiculture and the Beekeeping Industry in the world.
1 - Feedbee is easily accepted by bees in Powder form (Fig 1)
Research on Powder feeding of Feedbee has been done in Canada, USA, Spain, Italy, Jordan, India, etc. and compared with pollen and some soy-based feeds. The results indicated that bees consumed the entire powder Feedbee & pollen in the feeders and a negligible amount of soy-based feeds.
- The type and colour of the powder feeder had no effects on the feed intake.
- The bees consumed the entire Feedbee poweder in the feeder even when there was a sufficient amount of good quality pollen available to the bees.
- In some of the bee yards, the feeders were rubbed by bees from neighbouring apiaries.
- The consumption rate was 450g - 500g (app. 1 lb) of powder Feedbee/hive/week.
Best of the Best
Api-Culture, Hautes Laurentides Inc.
Testing has proved that Feedbee assists hive growth in my hives and I am waiting for the report from the Queen producer. To hurry things along I have also supplied another Queen producer 5kg to experiment with Nuc hives started withy new queens - I feel that he will duplicate the results that I have seen.
R N Farrer
Vice President National Beekeepers Assoc of NZ INC