Workshop - Beekeeping for Beginners - Step 1 -Emerald - Full Day 14th June 2020
Note: due to COVID-19 all in person classes are suspended until further notice. Keep an eye out for our alternatives coming soon
Become an accomplished hobby beekeeper & know what to do and when so your bees stay happy & healthy in your own backyard with Becs BeeHive Beekeeping Program.
Backyard beekeeping is the latest trend but an unmanaged hive doesn't thrive. So dont get overwhelmed by all the conflicting info out there - learn with us with our successful step by step program guiding the way to a fun and rewarding hobby.
Optional: Course Includes Essential Course Reference Manuals written by DPI NSW Bee Gurus RRP $57
- what you need,
- how to start,
- seasonal management,
- the legal requirements,
- pests & diseases, and
- so much more
- Optional to Include 2x DPI NSW Resource Reference manual Books (Value $57)
Entry to our program with Step 1 isn't a taster glossing over bees and beekeeping but will give you the knowledge & fundamentals on how to manage your bees properly to maximise their health and production. A full demonstration of bee husbandry with tips & tricks at different times throughout the season. It takes a lot more than just placing your hive in the backyard and leaving it to do its own thing... You will learn to read the frames and problem solve to give them the best care they deserve.
Springtime is the best time to start your hobby so our time frames are perfect to plan, setup and be ready to get your bees.
Step 1 - Beekeeping for Beginners is a pre-requisite to join our entire program offering where we drill down & learn how to properly manage & care for your bees from beginner to advanced techniques.
Hands on field days (Step 2) are our specialty to ensure you gain the necessary experience to safely handle your colony. They begin in Springtime through to Summer and are invite only to our current students.
The entire Backyard Beekeeping program will take you through the journey in understanding the Honeybee colony so you and your family can reap the rewards of their tireless pollination & delicious backyard raw honey. Mmmmm its simply the best!
Jump on board with our program & join in our BeeSmart Beekeeping Community.
Bec's been running these workshops for almost 10 years and has trained 100's of people in hobby beekeeping during this time. Some have since become commercial or sideliner beekeepers some have even started their own beekeeping cottage lessons or beekeeping businesses. Hear what others say about the program here https://www.becsbeehive.com.au/pages/testimonials
Learn the right way from the start with us and we will hold your hand to ensure you know your bees.
No live bees on board for Step 1. Simulated demonstrations of techniques to manage increase & attrition of the Colony for optimum health & performance.
Places are limited and fill quickly so I encourage you to book early via the ticket link below.
Join Bec for a fun, interactive workshop with loads of info and displays. Colony management is crucial to healthy bees - this course is full of tips, tricks and techniques.
Where: Venue Emerald Community House
Date: A full Day
Sunday 14th June 2020
Step 1 Course includes:
- entry to our program,
- Option to include course reference materials, (books value $57)
- pests & disease information and
- entry to our private BeeSmart student community plus other goodies
- Certificate of Completion
- We’ll have you up and running your own backyard bees with confidence.
Hear what others have to say about Bec's Workshops here
Further information is emailed to you upon booking.
- Should students cancel a class (more than 6 calendar days prior to start date), a refund less 10% administration fee will be offered.
- Late cancellations by students ( 5 calendar days or less days prior to course start date) will not be eligible for any refund.
- No Shows forfeit any refunds & cannot transfer to another date.
- Students are welcome to move to the next scheduled course provided notification in writing is received more than 5 days prior to course start date and space is available in that class. Transfers must be used within the same calendar year or are forfeited as no shows.
- Students must attend both sessions to qualify for further entry into the program
- Becs BeeHive reserves the rights to refuse registration entry to anyone considered unsuitable for the course as they see fit